The day of class where we discussed Matthew Mcconaughey’s deodorant taste has inspired me to write this practice introduction on his habits. This idea comes from my teacher because unfortunately I was not creative enough to think of this topic on my own. So here is my attempt at an introduction paragraph that goes from broad to specific.
People all over the world wear deodorant. Deodorant is viewed as a necessary and important hygienic tool. However, in many countries deodorant is not an essential part of everyday life. Oftentimes people speculate on how French people smell because they do not wear deodorant. Apparently, deodorant is not as necessary as we had previously thought. Matthew Mcconaughey has claimed that he does not wear deodorant and he certainly has no problems getting the ladies. What are the consequences of not wearing deodorant on celebrity popularity?
Now, I know that this is probably a very poor introduction but I am just trying to practice the basic techniques of persuasive writing. The style that I most want to try is funnel. It seems to be the most difficult but I think that it could be interesting to use. I don’t fully understand it but I would like to see an example of it. Maybe I have used it in papers before and didn’t even know it…
Sunday, September 23, 2007
TA: Introductions
Posted by Jan Nut at 5:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment