I was going to save my free write for this weekend so that I wouldn’t have to think at all but after last night I changed my mind. Last night a bunch of my friends and I played capture the flag and other night games. There were about 20 of us total. It all started out very fun but then I got really annoyed. Some guy who is in my friend Dave’s ward was really rude and started yelling at me randomly. I have never been talked to like that, it was ridiculous. The whole night he was being completely obnoxious and was bothering everyone. Finally, I told him to shut up and then said that he is the most annoying person that I have ever met in my entire life. And do I feel bad? Not really. I supposed I feel a little guilty because I was not very Christ like and definitely ignored the whole WWJD thing. But, I felt justified because it is completely inappropriate for anybody to treat another person like that. I was dumbfounded by his rash behavior and I really wanted to punch him in the face. (I guess that’s what I get for having 3 older brothers) But seriously I was way annoyed. I am as competitive as the next person but there is a fine like between fun and fury and he totally crossed it. I love to win but if I don’t win, at least I am mature enough to have the mentality that life will go on and in the end it is just a game. I just think that people need to chill out sometimes. The world has too many real problems and it is quite selfish to get mad over something so nitpicky as a game of capture the flag.
Thursday, September 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment