http://www.libertymemorialmuseum.org/ftp/Uncle%20Sam.jpg
The piece of art work that I chose to analyze is the famous propoganda that portrays Uncle Sam wanting recruits for the U.S. Army. The picture is very powerful because it speaks specifically to each and every person who sees it. The finger pointing right at the audience calls directly to each person.
WATCO: joining the U.S. Army on patriotism throughout the nation?
Enthymeme: Joining the U.S. Army will propel U.S. patriotism because joining the U.S. Army will make citizens feel that they are important.
I.A: Anything that makes U.S. citizens feel that they are important will also boost patriotism.
Audience: All U.S. citizens (probably men especially)
S. Yes, the ad uses good color, words, and pictures.
T. Yes it is what I would expect and ad like this to look like. It is very personal but maybe is a little too bold for some people.
A. The picture does not really have accuracy involved in it.
R. Yes the ad is VERY relevant because it came out at a time of war and it was very much needed at the time.
Overall this is a great persuasive piece of artwork because it calls the audience into action. The colors are very patriotic and calls to the emotions of the audience. It is also very logical because the army needed people to recruit.
Thursday, September 27, 2007
RA: I Want You
Posted by Jan Nut at 9:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment