Monday, September 10, 2007

RA: Aveda Ad

The instant I saw this ad it spoke to me. I think the photography is what really drew me in because I love taking pictures. The ad is for Aveda body care products. It appeals to women through the use of imagry and words to illustrate happiness and a carefree lifestyle. This ad is trying to persuade women to use Aveda products through the use of a vivid picture, as well as using words such as invigorating. This ad is targeted towards women because the body care products are designed for women. The picture is of a women who seems to be in her element. The ad is appealing to women mainly because of the picture. The photograph catches the readers eye and then draws them in to read more about the product. I don't know if women will use this product exclusively because of the ad, but I do think the ad does a good job of calling out to customers. I do not think this ad utilizes any sort of authority, but then again that is quite unnecessary due to the type of ad that it is. The ad however does appeal to emotions. I think this ad shows women how great Aveda products will make them feel. They will feel energetic and full of life thanks to the minty aroma. I am not sure how logical this ad is, but it puts out that "feel good" vibe that we as women cannot seem to get enough of. I do not think that this is the best persuasive ad but it is a pretty good example of some of the good and bad features of persuasion. This ad really calls out to people which I think is the main goal, and so in this aim I believe it is successful.

0 comments: