Sunday, October 21, 2007

TA:

I realized that after getting my paper edited by my peers that I need to be careful not to write in the passive voice. I also learned on Friday that I need to devlop a certain style that applies to me. I think I already do have a style that I use but I guess I have never been aware of it. I am not really sure what to write about but I think I am going to try to avoid the passive voice (although it may be useful at times) and also try to cultivate a sytle that is uniquely my own.

Pianos are very soothing instruments. The notes can be played in a manner that calming and also in a way that evokes hundreds of different emotions. Learning to play the piano is extremly difficult and requires a lot of dedicaton and hard work. However, every child should take piano lessons because it is a valuable talent that is needed. Playing the piano is an important quality because it is the basic foundation of all music. It is neccessary for many occasions, especially church. Public schools should require all students to take basic piano lessons.

0 comments: