Well here I am writing another blog. I have been trying to decide what to write on today because the presentations have given me a lot of ideas for the first paper. I suppose I will practice another introduction. I will use the some say this and some say that technique application.
Some say that standardized testing is the best method for making education fair and equal. Others believe that standardized tests cripple students and increase the gap between those who do well and those who do not. Standardized test are one way to ensure that children throughout the country are being tested fairly however, it should be one of many measures used to test academic capabilities. There are a number of ways to judge students' school work that would be more adequate and fair than a single test because standardized tests often hurt those from low income and minority families. Assessment should instead be based on an accumulation of projects, essays, and test from the entire school year. It is very poor to judge any student on a single test that often times does not represent the culture of many of those who are required to take it. Also, many teachers do not teach necessary curriculum because they are too focused on high test scores. Students learn how to take tests rather than the facts that are needed. This forces people everywhere to question the consequences of standardized testing on students.
Sunday, October 7, 2007
TA:
Posted by Jan Nut at 6:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment