Sunday, June 12, 2011

Inspired

When you get some time, perhaps on this fine Sabbath day, go here and read this: http://gateshopeandmiracles.blogspot.com/

What an incredibly sad but inspirational story. I love the following quote that is shared on the blog. I oftentimes am scared of what the future holds, but I know that through faith in the Savior and His atonement, I can conquer anything. It doesn't mean it will not be difficult, but it will be possible.

"Not one of the trials and tribulations we face is beyond our limits, because we have access to help from the Lord. We can do all things through Christ, who strengthens us.” – Elder Paul V. Johnson

And I also love this quote. A lot.

“Christ did not just speak about love; He showed it each day of His life. He did not remove Himself from the crowd. Being amidst the people, Jesus reached out to the one. He rescued the lost. He didn’t just teach a class about reaching out in love and then delegate the actual work to others. He not only taught but also showed us how to “succor the weak, lift up the hands which hang down, and strengthen the feeble knees.

“Christ knows how to minister to others perfectly. When the Savior stretches out His hands, those He touches are uplifted and become greater, stronger, and better people as a result. “If we are His hands, should we not do the same?”

“As we extend our hands and hearts toward others in Christlike love, something wonderful happens to us. Our own spirits become healed, more refined, and stronger. We become happier, more peaceful, and more receptive to the whisperings of the Holy Spirit.” - President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

0 comments: