Saturday, May 14, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

After reading everyones' Mother's Day posts, I realized that I neglected to post about my own mom, but not because I wasn't thinking of her. Having a mom like mine makes me feel so happy and so blessed, every single day. Living far away from her for the past six years has made me appreciate her even more. Sometimes I worry about ever measuring up to her. Because my mom is so talented, I know that I can never be as musical, crafty, smart, or dedicated as her. But at least I have a great examle of what a mom should be. Things I love about my mom include:

1) Her love of the gospel, temples, and the scriptures
2) Her love of music
3) Her love of family and family togetherness
4) Her strength
5) Her service to others
6) She is smart
7) She taught me the value of hard work, cleanliness, and being self-reliant
8) We can talk for hours on end
9) She always makes me feel better
10) She is a good friend to everyone she meets

Thank you for being an amazing example to everyone you meet, but especially to me. I love you Mom!

"Like sunshine in the morning that wakens day from night,
Like flowers in the springtime so colorful and bright,
Like happy songs of bluebirds that fill the air with cheer,
A person bright and lovely is my mother dear. "

-Becky-Lee Hill Reynolds

1 comments:

bohnsforever said...

You are so super special. Thank you for taking the time to write this.