Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Surprise!!!!!

On Friday afternoon/evening I was hanging around my apartment with my roomies. We hung out for an hour or two and they casually asked me about my plans for the night. I didn't think much of it, even when I heard them whispering in the kitchen while I was getting ready. A few minutes later they asked me to play a board game. I love games so said sure, as I didn't have plans for another hour or so anyways. Just as we sat down to play, there was a knock at my door; Micah and Steve. They are two good friends and it was a little odd that they just showed up, but I didn't think much of it and assumed they had been bored. Then another knock, and it was my friends Matt and Jackie. This time I thought it was even weirder, but assumed they were doing something goofy. Then, there was another knock, and in walks my two very good friends, Kristen and Kayla, who live four hours away. I was so excited! I screamed, hugged them, and almost cried! Even though I had just seen them two weeks before, it was sooooooo fun being surprised and I felt so loved! Kristen had told my roommate Rosey to keep me home and make sure I didn't eat. It was such a great weekend and it reminded me once again how blessed I am. Thanks everyone! I love you!


Another funny thing is that Kristen texted me the night before and asked if I had to work over the weekend. When I asked if she was coming up, she said she had meant to text a girl named Jamie in her class....liar!! I totally believed her.

On a side note, totally unrelated, I love having roommate dinners. This is something I never really did when I was in school but did with Kristen and now with my current roommates. It is so nice to share meals and eat all together a few days a week!

0 comments: