Saturday, September 4, 2010

John Mayer

On Tuesday, I went to see John Mayer in concert. I can't really sum up how great of a performer he is. He was simply amazing. He was funny and entertaining but more importantly his music sounded amazing!! He did almost all of his songs a little bit differently than they are recorded. He added a lot of really cool introductions to his songs and just kept me entranced all night. Seriously in my top two concerts ever. It probably ties with my number one, it's hard to say. Anyway, if you ever get the chance to see him, do it. He is a great performer, musician, etc.... And I have to post some lyrics of course. I have posted them on here before but I just have to do it again.



"The Heart Of Life"

I hate to see you cry
Lying there in that position
There's things you need to hear
So turn off your tears
And listen

Pain throws your heart to the ground
Love turns the whole thing around
No it won't all go the way it should
But I know the heart of life is good

You know, it's nothing new
Bad news never had good timing
Then, circle of your friends
Will defend the silver lining

Pain throws your heart to the ground
Love turns the whole thing around
No it won't all go the way it should
But I know the heart of life is good

Pain throws your heart to the ground
Love turns the whole thing around
Fear is a friend who's misunderstood
But I know the heart of life is good
I know it's good

Just a little reminder that even with all of the awful things happening in the world every day, life is still good and there is so much greatness all around us if we look for it. I will post pics/videos when I get them uploaded.

0 comments: