Saturday, September 27, 2008

Nick-Names

I thought it would be fun to list all of the nick-names I have been given throughout my life. I have never been a huge fan of my own name so I enjoy hearing nick-names people make up for me. It seems like everyone's always making up new names for me, and I am bored at work so I am going to list the one's I can think of just for fun.

J-Bear- my dad has called me this as long as I can remember
Marie-zee- my dad has called me this on occassion but not as much as the first one
Wash Belly- it's something my cousing learned when he went to Jamacia on his mission-it's what they call the youngest child there- my dad calls me this
Caboose- my dad calls me this because I am the youngest- I used to get so mad about this one
Jaynet- my cousin always calls me this, although it might be due more to a southern accent than anything else. My mum and my sister also call me this and occassionally one of my brothers does.
Jay- my friends in elementry school called me this and I thought I was sooo cool
J-dog or J-dawg- friends have called me this on and off most of my life
Chewbaca or Chewy- my high school soccer coach and teammates called me this but I never understood why
Jinganinget- some family friends did this weird thing where they put an ing after the consonants when they spoke. My sister calls me this from time to time.
Fairy- my friend Jamie started calling me this after one basketball practice where they noticed that I run funny (Apparantly I run like a girl-but it hurts my shoulders to run with my arms down by my waist...)
Jannernet- my friends from freshman year of college always call me this, I don't really know why
Schmanet- my friend Travis always puts a schm in front of everyone's names
Jan-nut- my friend Kristen calls me this
J-Bo-(like J-Lo)Garrett always calls me this
Janay or Young Janay- Mandi and Melani used to call me this
Junet-my newphew invented a language called Joshua German where he puts a U in every word
June-my friend Melani calls me this, it's basically short for Junet
Janis/Jannett/Janna- half the time friends call me this jokingly but sometimes people think this is really my name

4 comments:

Mandi said...

ha ha! I like chewbacca, especially since you've never seen star wars. Ben also calls you Poma-janut!

Melani said...

Great list June. Whenever I say June I think of June Carter too, cause you love that movie so much.

Jan Nut said...

how could i forget about poma-janut?!

Ryan Holdaway said...

what about "the lou?"