Sunday, September 21, 2008

Life of Mine

I wanted to update my blog but then again, there is not a whole lot to report. I just completed 3 days of training for work where I learned all about de-escalating potentially violent situations. I learned how to do this using verbal as well as physical tactics. I am now capable of taking down a 300 pound man-I did it! But, hopefully I won't ever have to do this. I also had the "opportunity" to be hand-cuffed as well as learn how to hand-cuff others. Luckily for me we rarely have to deal with these types of situations. Over all the training was pretty interesting, I just got bored of hearing the same old man speak for 8 hours a day, 3 days straight. I met some fun people at the training and got to learn about some of the other facilities in the area.

I am LOVING the amazing September weather lately. The days are warm and sunny and the nights haven't been too cold. I am however, DREADING winter. I went to two bonfires this weekend and had a great time at both. My intramurals started back up this week and I am excited. We won our soccer game and our basketball game. I just love playing competitive sports but also enjoy the fact that they are really just for fun. I play with some great people and we have a good time.

Oh and on a finishing note...

General Conference is in 2 weeks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Janet! I'm glad you are enjoying life. The training sounds boring but also kindof fun and enlightening. but i bet you are glad you are done. I'm loving the weather too!

Mandi said...

I think you should show me your skills...you should try to take down Ben! ha ha!