Saturday, October 4, 2008

Can You Feel Real Like You Are?

Ok the title for this blog is taken from a new Goo Goo Dolls song titled "Real." This post has nothing to do with that but I just like it. I love the Goo Goo Dolls so much, probably because they have been around my whole life and they are just fabulous musicians. Check out this song because I love it. On the subject of music, I was thinking today about all my favorite songs and about 99% of them are sung by guys. No offense to anyone who sings but I just prefer men's voices to women's voices most of the time. Even if the woman is on key and everything I just don't like high pitches very much. There are a lot of talented female singers and I do admire them because I sure can't sing like that, but I just love guy singers more.

I was also thinking today about how I am a germ-a-phobe. I know I definitely get this from my mom. I thought of this because I am at work and I wanted to eat some ice cream (because all I do all night is stuff my face) and there were no plastic spoons left. There were however, some of the utensil's that the kids use but they hand wash them. Ok eating off of dishes that teenage boys wash by hand just does not thrill me. So what did I do at this time of great crisis? I ate my ice cream with a plastic fork. :) The first fork I tried broke so I had to get another one. I know I probably won't die or even get sick but I just am paranoid about certain things like that. If I really need to I just suck it up and do it and I am fine, but for the most part I have some weird phobias that make me do some odd things. Here are a few:

1) Pretty much no matter where I am I will not sit on a public toilet, I hover. If I must sit? I line that seat with a liner or some TP.
2) I flush public toilets with my feet.
3) I don't like eating or drinking after certain people. Close friends or family are fine but I will not just share with anyone. I am not worried about getting sick. It's more the thought of their saliva that creeps me out.
4) Every time I eat at restaurant, especially fast food I think about all the horrible things that could have happened to my food in the kitchen (dropped on floor, sneezed on, touched with bare hands, etc...) - some call me crazy but keep in mind I worked in the "food business" for 3 years and that is just what happens, but I get over it and usually enjoy my food
5) I hate hair! -especially if it is dark, and even more so if it is wet. I know hair can't really hurt you but it seriously is so creepy to me, and if I ever have hair in my food, please just shoot me! Hair literally gives me the chills.
6) I rarely trust a dish that has not been cleaned in the dishwasher. I know it may not matter, but I just don't really believe most people wash dishes by hand in a very sanitary manner.
7) Occasionally I do that weird thing where I touch a part of a door that I feel like nobody has touched if I am somewhere really nasty like a public restroom in the South. Seriously, driving from NC to Florida has got to be the worst as far as bathroom breaks go.

I was watching John and Kate Plus 8 and she said something that is so true for me...she is more creeped out by people germs than nature germs. That is how I am. I will eat off of a sidewalk before a floor any day. I don't know why but that is just how my mind works....anyway, my randomness is done for now. Can you tell I get bored at work? Enjoy conference tomorrow everyone!

3 comments:

Mary said...

AH! Janet! You have a Blog! HOORAY!! I'm so glad you found me, and I can't want to hear from you!! :)

Mandi said...

I think you got to the point when you could finally clean the hair from the shower drain, that was a big step! I agree with you about hair in your food, especially when you start eating it and you have to pull it out your throat...are you gagging reading this, I am.

Melani said...

June, when we were watching John and Kate Plus 8 I thought the same thing! Fabulous. Oh and you know I agree with you about male singers. MUCH MUCH better.