So, the state cut all of it's full time employees who were on probation. This means that anyone who is relatively new in the system lost their job. Depending on the position, most probation periods are 6 months to a year. I am still speechless as I found out tonight that one of our employees is being let go. This really hits close to home. You know what else does? The fact that my probation period ended on the 21st of this month. That's right, only 5 days before this cut was announced...I was speechless when I found out. I just feel so blessed and that no words can explain how thankful I am. Just barely last week I turned in my paperwork to get me off probation. My boss had been trying to hurry this process along because she knew something major was coming. The Lord knew what was coming too. My heart really goes out to all those who are loosing their jobs and are struggling at this time. I feel so grateful for my job and everything I have. I know my job might be safe for now but they could still do more cuts so I feel like I always have to be on my toes.
And a quote I LOVE, sort of related, I think it is at least....
"All I have seen, teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen."
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Friday, February 27, 2009
Woah
Posted by Jan Nut at 1:43 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I am happy that you made the cut off! :o)
Oh I just love that quote!
Post a Comment