Monday, January 5, 2009

I'm following the crowd...

and doing a new year's post...ready, set, go!

1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before? graduated college, bought a car, lived with roommates that I choose (all of them)

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I did decent I think but I know I can always improve which I will try to do in 2009

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Devynn had sterling!

4. Did anyone close to you die? not really which i am so grateful for. my great aunt darlene and my uncle bub-we weren't close but they are family, and two of my closest friends brother died

5. What countries did you visit? the good ol' U.S. of A.

6. What do you want in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? stay in touch with family and friends better, read my scriptures longer everyday, not be afraid to stand up for what I believe, and I'm not gonna lie but a man would be nice as well...

7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? March 25-Sterling born, Aug 15-16th- graduation

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? graduation, car, learning more about myself, learning to love reading again, frequent journal writes

9. What was your biggest failure? not being as good as I am capable of

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? nope, I am grateful for my excellent health

11. What was the best thing you bought? car, plane tickets to Florida, clothes

12. Where did most of your money go? rent, car, clothes, food, plane tickets

13. What did you get really, really, really excited about? graduation, letters, trips to florida, a trip to cali, a trip to the George, and my family coming out to Utah, and the biggest of all...CHRISTMAS!!

14. What song will always remind you of 2008? anything and everything Coldplay, especially their newest CD, Taylor Swift- Love Story, Leona Lewis- Keep Bleeding, With You-Chris Brown, No Air- Jordin Sparks, David Archeleta- Crush and also
Miley Cirus, Katie Perry, and Rihanna songs-I don't like them but they are on the radio NON STOP

15. Thinner or fatter? at Christmas the Wii Fit scale said I lost 5 pounds but I beg to differ

16. Richer or poorer? richer

17. What do you wish you'd done more of? relaxing- well the first part of the year at least

18. What do you wish you'd done less of? worrying, stressing, doubting myself

19. How will you be spending Christmas? not sure yet, with family I hope

20. Did you fall in love in 2008? good question

21. What was your favorite TV program? LOST, Gangland, Paris Hilton my new BFF, The Office, Jon and Kate Plus 8

22. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? I don't think I hate anyone really

23. What was the best book you read? Screwtape Letters and The Kite Runner (and the Book of Mormon of course) I am still working on Jesus the Christ.

24. What was your greatest musical discovery? I rediscovered my love for Coldplay, and classical piano like Jon Schmidt

25. What did you want and get? I am not sure really- a car, graduation, a job, lots of great friends

26. What did you want and not get? a million dollars

27. What was your favorite film of this year? THE DARK KNIGHT

28. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? 22-went to the first football game of the season and then went to work

29. What one thing made your year immeasurably more satisfying? I have two... living with 3 of my bestest friends in the whole world this summer and all the fun we had, and surprisingly enough- my trials
30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? same as before...I love the casual, comfy, and cute American Eagle look. I like to dress up nicer on occasion but honestly I think I have let myself go as of late-which I tend to do in the winter, I also-against my better judgement- bought my first pair of Ugg boots (fake from Target of course) which are incredibly warm in the winter and surprisingly cute on occasion

31. What kept you sane? family, friends, letters, MUSIC, the gospel, my journal

32. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Brad Pitt as usual, and I discovered-thanks to Melani and P.S. I Love you- the beauty of Gerard Butler

33. What political issue stirred you the most? Prop 8

34. Who did you miss? Melani at the beginning of the year, Kristen and Kayla at the end of the year, Mandi this summer, my family and garrett all year long

35. Who was the best new person you met? all of my friends I met this summer and in my ward now

36. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008: Things will always work out if you just believe and do your part.

37. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year: "Just because you're loosing-doesn't mean your lost..." Coldplay

3 comments:

Melani said...

JUNE I love it!!! I'm just so glad I am living with you...seriously your one of the main reasons I've remained sane. I just love you!

Mandi said...

I love reading this...and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the picture at the top of your family...amazing.

Anonymous said...

Glad to know that we made the list. Well, not we, but at least my kid and my now-home-but-never-home state made it.