I know you all will think I am crazy (especially Melani) but just hear me out. Having a job where you basically do nothing will slowly drive you in sane. I love my job and I am grateful to have a job but I must say, I have way too much time on my hands. I try to be productive but even when I spend hours cleaning, running errands, and doing other such tasks I am still left with a LOT of free time at home and at work. During the weekends I generally stay busy because there is usually something going on but during the week-which is when my days off are- everyone is busy with school and not too much fun happens. I have watched more T.V. in the past 3 months than I have in the last 3 years combined.
During school, I would be gone for 12 hours a day most days. I enjoy being busy and working hard. Of course I would get worn out and count the days till the weekends but I really enjoyed it. I hate how lazy I feel now days, even though I am still really involved with a lot of things. It's just the fact that I have free time at work too and so that is 8 extra hours a day that normal people don't have. I know a lot of you think you would kill for all this extra time but it gets lonely and boring-especially when you don't have a whole lot of other obligations like kids and a family. I guess I can only watch so much TV and do so many projects before I want to go crazy. And now that it is cold I am much less inclined to go outdoors which is what I love to do when I have free time. But before I sound ungrateful and complain-y, let me tell you about my Tuesday shift, which is why I love the days so much more than the nights:
1) I got to work and ate breakfast and read the newspaper while supervising the kids' morning chores.
2) Went on a field trip with the kids to a medical place that took a few hours
3) Came back and did a bit of paperwork
4) Went outside for P.E. and played volleyball, basketball, and soccer
5) We had lunch time which I don't get a break for but I get free food and just supervise the kiddos
6) I typed some paperwork up
7) Hung out with the kids after school before going home
Basically it was a fun day- not stressful like most jobs, but not boring like the night shifts....It was absolutely a great day and this is one reason that I stay at my job-for the contact shifts. If I could have those shifts 5 days a week it would be heaven but sadly there may not be openings for years...
Friday, December 5, 2008
I Never Thought I Would Say This
Posted by Jan Nut at 2:33 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
Not gonna lie, the idea of being shamlessly lazy does have it's charms. But I understand that it feels so much more self-fulfilling to have a full day....just remember your not lazy...it purely circumstancial.
Post a Comment