Sunday, December 14, 2008

A Christmas Song I Love

I'm sure you have all heard this song before as it has been re-done by several popular artists. I love this song so much. The words express how I feel, how I just want everything to be OK for even just one day. I know opposition is part of the plan, but it is so hard to see people suffer. I think that we can all help alleviate some of the hurt in the world, even in just a small way, as we strive to be a friend and serve others. Anyway, here are the lyrics. Merry Christmas!

Grown-Up Christmas List

Do you remember me?
I sat upon your knee;
I wrote to you
With childhood fantasies.

Well, I'm all grown-up now,
And still need help somehow.
I'm not a child,
But my heart still can dream.

So here's my lifelong wish,
My grown-up christmas list.
Not for myself,
But for a world in need.

No more lives torn apart,
That wars would never start,
And time would heal all hearts.
And everyone would have a friend,
And right would always win,
And love would never end.
This is my grown-up christmas list.

As children we believed
The grandest sight to see
Was something lovely
Wrapped beneath our tree.

Well heaven surely knows
That packages and bows
Can never heal
A hurting human soul.

No more lives torn apart,
That wars would never start,
And time would heal all hearts.
And everyone would have a friend,
And right would always win,
And love would never end.
This is my grown-up christmas list.

What is this illusion called the innocence of youth?
Maybe only in our blind belief can we ever find the truth.


No more lives torn apart,
That wars would never start,
And time would heal all hearts.
And everyone would have a friend,
And right would always win,
And love would never end, oh.
This is my grown-up christmas list.

This is my grown-up christmas list.

1 comments:

Mandi said...

Oh I just loved this Janet...my favorite renindition is the Michael Buble version. I loved being able to read the lyrics becuase I didn't know all the words.