In my anticipation of Christmas I did not mean to overlook Thanksgiving. I love Thanksgiving a lot, and although I cannot be home this year, I am actually very excited I get to work that day. I am thrilled to have a day of work to just hang out with the kids- no school, no community service,no sleeping. If they are well behaved it should be a fun day with food, football, and games. I wanted to post something Thanksgiving-ish but listing all the things I am thankful for would be never ending, and many of those things are quite obvious anyway. So, I am going to write the 5 things I am most grateful for that have happened in the last 5 years, or basically the 5 biggest blessings in my life. The last 5 years have been full of changes as I moved out on my own. And here are the top five blessings that come to mind at this wee hour of the night:
1)Graduating from High School- being able to get an education is such a blessing that we often take for granted. High School was a lot of fun but I don't think I would ever want to relive it... in fact I know I wouldn't.
2) Moving out to school. This is pretty much all encompassing as so many things have come directly from this- my great wards, bishoprics, my old job, roommates, friends, intramurals, a certain boy, getting an education that opened my eyes to the world, learning to be my own person, learning what is really important in life, learning how to survive on as little sleep as possible, etc...
3) All of my nieces and nephews were born within the last 5 years except for one who is a bit older than that, but I am of course including him too and the little one on the way. These little dudes and gals are my most favorite people. They are so cute and I miss them. I pray daily in gratitude for them being in my life.
4) Becoming closer to family, thanks to amazing technology and also moving near a great cousin who takes care of me and makes sure I have a place to spend the holidays.
5) Graduating from college- I really didn't expect to make it. School was harder than I ever dreamed. I was pushed to the limits many-a-times but somehow I was guided through it. I love my major and the job it has led me to.
These are just some of the things that come to mind. I hope everyone has a yummy Thanksgiving and eats everything in site. Seriously don't hold back, or I will come steal your food.
Monday, November 24, 2008
I am Thankful, Yes I am
Posted by Jan Nut at 12:04 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment