Thursday, August 28, 2008

Still alive and kicking!

Well I'm sure if anyone actually reads this (which I kind of doubt anyone does) they are wondering how everything turned out with my post-graduation plans and all. Well I will attempt to update you now, considering the fact that I am working in the middle of the night and need to stay awake somehow. I don't want to go into too much detail on here because I am sort of paranoid about creepy stalkers and such. I graduated last week and it was great to see some of my family. My parents, sister, grandparents, and two aunts and uncles came out. We had a great time and it was fun to be able to introduce my family and friends to each other. We had a great BBQ with everyone and it was a really good turn out. My cousin was amazing in planning and coordinating everything with my mum and it was so fun. Graduating was neat but it was very hot and I thought I might pass out in my itchy robe and hat that was too small.

Well I got offered a job before I graduated and they wanted me to start right away but I told them I couldn't because I had graduation and I needed to work the week of the 18th at my current job because it is our busiest of the year. They were very flexible with me and so I started here on Monday. I work as a counselor for troubled teens. I already love it and feel like this is really where I am supposed to be. I already find myself getting attached to the kids which is hard because their stay at this facility is quite brief. I am working mostly overnight shifts which is hard but hopefully I can get used to it. I just love working in the day with the kids. It is kind of ironic because this job was last on my list of the ones I wanted-mostly because of the hours. I am working over 60 hours this week because they had me working everyday this week plus I worked my old job a few hours too. The work schedule here starts on a Sat but I started on a Monday so with my training I ended up being scheduled to work everyday. It is totally fine though because I don't have a ton else to do and I generally enjoy working lots as long as I am able to still have a social life.

I moved apartments this week too which was also an ordeal but everything worked out wonderfully. I lived at my roommate's brothers' house for a week because we couldn't move in to our apt right away. Her grandparents let us keep some stuff in their garage and I also kept some of my stuff at a friend's apt. I was so stressed all summer about finding an apartment and a job and it is nice to have this resolved. My new apartment needs some cleaning and the showers are disgusting but mostly I like it and am so grateful to be living with one of my best friends. It would so much harder if she wasn't there.

All in all, life is good and I am just amazed at how everything has fallen into place. As stressed as I was, I kept saying that I knew everything would work out if I did my part. I am so grateful for the blessings I have seen and for being able to draw closer to the Lord as I prayed for guidance and direction. I am overwhelmed at the love and support from family,friends, and coworkers and will hopefully be settled in my new ward, apt, and job quickly. I hope everyone is doing well. Sorry this is so long and boring.

2 comments:

Mandi said...

Janut! I loved hearing the update...that job is so perfect for you...I hope that you can switch to day shifts soon. You need to keep the blog up becuase I just love hearing from you.

Alan and Jeni said...

Wow! It's great to hear that everything worked out. Where is this new job? Sorry to hear your graduation gown was too small, and I'm sorry we couldn't be there to help you celebrate. Congratulations! We REALLY miss you! We haven't found anyone to stay with kids yet, but our house isn't really ready for guests anyway, so it's okay. Keep in touch!