Saturday, November 27, 2010

In Gratitude

I am happy to say I had a wonderful Thanksgiving. How was yours?? Unfortunately, I was unable to be with my family but I had a great day anyway. I worked on Thanksgiving for the third year in a row and honestly I loved it! Working on holidays are not that bad at my job because it is fun! Of course, I would rather be with my family but I am lucky to have such a wonderful job.


I started out the day by sleeping in until 10:30 or so. Then Kristen, Jackie, and I went to our friend Renae's family Thanksgiving for about an hour or so and then I had to head to work at 2. At work I loaded up on more food throughout the night. I had helped the kids prepare some food the night before and they cooked everything else Thanksgiving Day with the help of my boss and a coworker. They did a great job! The rest of the night we basically played games, watched football, and ate some more. We also played pool, ping-pong, and Playstation (well I watched that one). Around bedtime they had so much energy (too much soda!) and showed off their break dancing and handstand skills. It was so funny to watch them do all of their tricks. It was a great day.

And what may you ask, am I grateful for??

These are things I thank my Heavenly Father for quite often, most of them daily:

Family- each and every one of them
Church- The atonement, the resurrection, the happiness and peace, everything good it entails
Friends- so so many I have met throughout my life
Job- I am grateful everyday for a job I love and coworkers who are amazing. The kids I work with change me every single day. And hopefully someday they will change too.
Health and Safety- I am grateful that I rarely am sick and can do everything that I need to: physically, mentally, and emotionally. I am also grateful for health insurance and that my family is healthy and safe too.
Freedom- to be whoever and whatever I want to be....and of course gratitude for those who have made this possible
Trials- I have become the person I am because the Lord has molded me that way. Sure life has been hard at times, but everything that has happened has had a purpose.
Tender Mercies- all those little things that make each and every day special: ice cream, my car, sunshine, a good run, animals, nature, a phone call, a sports victory, music, funny youtube videos, etc...

Life is good and I hope each of us never forgets us. I hope you all had a great day! ;)

1 comments:

Mandi said...

i loved reading your gratefuls list. I mostly loved seeing you a couple of weeks ago.