Hey world!
I don't even know how to begin this blog entry other than by saying that I am a slacking blogger (see title). I guess that ever since I stopped working graveyards, I lost the will to blog. It's not that I don't have the time, I just am not insanely bored in the middle of the night anymore. Anyway, I figure it is time for an update, so here goes....
This fall has been fun so far. Since you last heard from me, I have been working, playing, dating, and all that fun stuff as usual. I go to football games, go on road trips-Colorado and St. George, and just have a lot of fun friends.
The past week however, has been really difficult as my family had some very sad news on Sunday. I found out on Sunday that my nephew had passed away. My sister-in-law was almost full-term and for one reason or another, my nephew was sent back to heaven. He was named Truman Virgil and we are having a memorial service and burial for him next week. It has been really difficult for my brother and his wife, as well as the rest of the family. This was totally unexpected and just left us in complete shock. We know that God has a plan, and that everything happens for a reason, but it still is difficult. It is especially hard at a time like this to be so far away from family. I hope to move closer in the next year but I guess I still need to figure things out. Anyway, my precious nephew is in heaven with his Uncle Nathan and so many other family members. I know it is all part of the plan, I just wish I could have met him.
Other than that, life is good. I had a fun Thanksgiving at work. I love my job. I will have a hard time leaving it someday. It has hard days of course, but I really cannot imagine working anywhere else right now.
Well that is my update, brief, but an update nonetheless. I am really excited to see a lot of my family next week. I just wish it was under happier circumstances but it will be nice to be together in the town we grew up in for a bit. They are the best.
And here is a song that makes me think of little baby Truman. It is a lullaby but it makes me think of him...
Dragon tales and the "water is wide"
Pirate's sail and lost boys fly
Fish bite moonbeams every night
And I love you
Godspeed, little man
Sweet dreams, little man
Oh my love will fly to you each night on angels wings
Godspeed
Sweet dreams
The rocket racer's all tuckered out
Superman's in pajamas on the couch
Goodnight moon, will find the mouse
And I love you
Godspeed, little man
Sweet dreams, little man
Oh my love will fly to you each night on angels wings
Godspeed
Sweet dreams
God bless mommy and match box cars
God bless dad and thanks for the stars
God hears "Amen," wherever we are
And I love you
Godspeed, little man
Sweet dreams, little man
Oh my love will fly to you each night on angels wings
Godspeed
Godspeed
Godspeed
Sweet dreams
The Dixie Chicks
Thursday, November 26, 2009
Slogging or Blacking? You Decide,
Posted by Jan Nut at 9:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
Thank you, Janet. Your thoughts and prayers are being felt here.
Post a Comment