Saturday, September 5, 2009

I'm Old

This last week has been crazy but great!! For starters, tonight is my last night of working graves (regularly at least). I start my new schedule on Monday and am SO excited!! Getting up before 5am is going to be hard but it will be so worth it-plus I have weekends off now! On Sunday I turned 23. Yuck. I seriously had a mild depression about it, but I am adjusting. I had an amazing birthday, even though I worked about 15 hours of it. I came home from my night shift to find my room decorated with balloons and signs. Then I woke up in the morning to friends and some delicious homemade crepes with strawberries, blackberries, bananas, whipped cream, and Nutella. They were delicious! Then I opened presents from my friends. After that I had to head back into work. When I got off of work I came home to more decorations and a yummy cake and lots of friends. My sister and her husband came into town last minute for my birthday so I got to see them that night. I also got a card and money from my parents and grandparents. Then on Tuesday we all went out to Olive Garden for my birthday dinner. We had a pretty big crowd and my best friend from middle school came and spent the night. It was such a great birthday and was nice to actually celebrate this year. I feel kind of weird celebrating my birthday but I can't deny that it was fun. Even though I had to work on my birthday it was fun and the kids were good. Kristen is the birthday goddess. She is just amazing at getting things done! I will try to post pics later from my new camera.

When Val and Scott were here we went canoeing and to Temple Square. It was so fun but I felt bad I had to work two of the days they were in town. I still felt like we got to spend a lot of time together though. I am so glad they came! When my sister asked what I wanted for my birthday I told her I wanted a visit. I was spoiled this year! OH and my mom will be here in less than a month and is staying for a whole week! I cannot wait!

Thanks everyone for a great year!!

1 comments:

Mandi said...

ha ha! Kristen IS the birthday goddess!