I tried to post this last week but the internet went out...so I am finally posting almost a week later...
Well, my sister has been married for almost 2 weeks already. Wow. It is still weird and will take some getting used to but I am so happy for her and her husband. I like him a lot. I think it is going to be hard to not be 1st in her life anymore. As different as we are, we have always been close...but, I am so happy for her! It was also great spending lots of time with my nieces and nephews, and all of my family. I got to see a lot of my cousins that I haven't seen for years and they are so grown up now. They are all such funny and good kids. I am proud of all of them; they have stayed strong in the church. My family is so wonderful, I wish we lived closer, and I wish I had lived closer to my cousins growing up. They are so much fun!! I feel like I hardly saw my parents, which was sad. It was just a busy week and there was not much down time, but it was a great trip. I forgot how intense humidity is...I don't think I will ever get used to it again.
My summer has been FANTASTIC so far. I love summers here, I think that's the main reason I stay. Oh and my friends too of course. I went hiking tonight with my 3 friends that I do almost everything with. It was a lot of fun but I got bit and stung to the extreme. That stinging nettle is wicked stuff. I never knew.
Well I don't have much else to say, but I wanted to give a quick (and late) shout out for Mother's Day and Father's Day. I got to see my mom the week of Mother's Day and I got to see my dad on Father's Day before I headed back from the wedding. It is the first time I have really spent time with them around those holidays in several years, so that was nice. Here are 3 things I like best about each of them:
Dad
1) Generous...he is always helping/serving/giving to other people. It never stops.
2) Encouraging...he always believes in me and encourages me to follow my dreams.
3) Hard Working...he is always working on something. He will come home from a full day of work only to work more around the house or yard.
Mom
1) Spiritual...she LOVES the gospel, it is so much a part of her, and that is a big reason why it is a part of me
2) Our friendship...I can talk to my mom about almost anything, we can talk for hours.
3) Musical...my mom loves the piano and organ. I love hearing her play.
I am so blessed to have everything I have. And since tomorrow is the fourth of July, I feel especially grateful for my freedoms and the beautiful country I live in!
Saturday, July 4, 2009
Better Late Than Never
Posted by Jan Nut at 2:46 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
Janet...I want to see pics of valerie's wedding!!! where are they, little one?
Post a Comment