Tuesday, March 1, 2011

So this weekend we had stake conference, and it was wonderful! It seemed like everything I had been thinking about, praying about, or struggling with was answered in one way or another. For some reason I have been really negative about myself lately (you aren't smart enough, good enough, cute enough, blah blah blah). I know this may seem silly to some but let's face it, we all do it. Anyway, conference was everything I needed to hear. Life has been going really great, and sometimes I feel like I am hardest on myself at those times, because I feel like I do not deserve all of the blessings I receive. It is hard for me to not get down on myself when I mess up or am not perfect.


One of the speakers in conference said " feeling the Lord's love in our lives includes having mercy for ourselves; our best is enough." She also encouraged his to "use the conference as a way to feel the Lord's love, not as a beating post." I really liked these comments because a lot of people see religion as a way to remind us of how awful we are. While we should be humble and strive to be better each day, we need to acknowledge the good we do. Most of us are doing a lot of good, but we will not be perfect in this life, and that is OK. I really enjoyed the messages and am grateful for it. The Lord really does love and know us individually.

0 comments: