Saturday, July 24, 2010

So my move to Georgia is on hold... temporarily, I'd say....Let me tell you a few reasons why:


1) I couldn't feel totally right about moving across the country and not having a job, insurance, etc...
2) I want to save up more money first
3) Right around the time I was making the final decision, I (partially) tore my MCL playing soccer and I didn't feel right about moving in the event I need surgery... hopefully not but you never know.

I was agonizing over this decision for months. A part of me wants to move everyday. It is hard being away from family, I'm ready for a change, and I don't think I can survive another Utah winter. But the other part of me wants to stay. I sincerely love my job, even if my schedule is crazy. I love the summers here and all of the outdoor activities around. I love playing intramurals and always doing things with friends. So I still think I want to move this year, but now I have more time to figure things out, and hopefully I will start grad school in the fall. It is scary to think about because I love working and don't really love school, but I think that it is the next step and will help me to be in a better position to really make a difference in my field.

As for dating, I am still single and I am OK with it, even if nobody else is. haha I get harrassed about this daily by family and coworkers. Sure it is tough sometimes seeing so many of my friends married and starting families but I definitely have lots of fun living up the singles' life. And besides, I just haven't found Mr. Right yet. I seem to get set up on a lot of blind dates that never go anywhere but they are usually fun! And speaking of blind dates, if you ever are setting one of your friends up, have some common sense....For example, I always get set up with people for 2 reasons:

1) They are tall
2) They like sports

Ok this may be a good starting point but seriously, think a little about personality please!! That is like saying, you are both fat so you should date. Or you both like Michael Jackson. Or you both have diabetes so you would probably hit it off.... Common interests are important but they are not the magic key to love. Anyway, just a little rant I was thinking about. It just makes me laugh. The best one I heard was he doesn't smoke pot so you should go on a date with him. What?!! haha anyway there is an update for you. Hope everyone is doing well!! :)

0 comments: