Friday, May 22, 2009

Summer Lovin....I mean Lovin Summer

Georgia was so much fun! I have been pretty busy but I am finally getting around to blogging about my trip. The best part for me was just playing baseball in the yard with my brother, sister, her financee, and the 3 oldest kiddos. It was so great! We also swam, went to a Braves game, and went to a place with inflatable slides and bounce houses. Clarissa can climb those things better than I can, she wore me out!! It was just fun to be with my family and play with the kids. And of course the baby blessing and BBQ afterwards were fun too. Savannah is so sweet!

The first night we swam Joshua could hardly paddle and wouldn't go under water. By the end of the trip he could swim under water for several seconds. He learned so fast! I let him use my goggles and that seemed to really help him swim better, since he could see what was below. My dad gave him a dollar for making it from one side to the other. He was trying so hard!! It was SO cute! Brenna on the other hand had two near drowning incidents. She was too brave for her own good and was in the deep end on her own. It was pretty scary.

I finished this week long training for work the other day. It wasn't as bad as some people made it sound but it was 2 days straight of role playing and then 3 days straight of physical stuff. Overall I had to do 2 written tests, a role-play test, and a physical skills test. It was sort of stressful but they make it pretty easy to pass. I'm glad it is over though. It was nice to have a normal schedule for a week and I learned some good things, but I missed the kids and I missed sleeping in. :)

Last week, Mel and I had a dream fulfilled. We went and saw our most favorite Mat Kearney. (check out matkearney.com) He is seriously one of the best musicians. He opened for Keane, another band that I LOVE. It was such and entertaining show and we were so pumped to be there. It was such a great night, including eating the best pizza of our lives and meeting a cute puppy named Bentley. A few days after that we went and saw Mae, another band I love. They weren't as good as when I saw them before but it was still fun. It has been a really fun month so far and I am just way pumped that it is almost summer. I am playing on a kickball team and an ultimate frisbee team right now and will hopefully get a softball team going in June. It's going to be a great summer!

1 comments:

Melani said...

Janet I loved how you said Savannah was a sweet baby...it reminded of you "sweet" future child :) I just loved that mat concert. I'm glad you had a great time with your parents...but I do hate when you leave me :( I just love you June and this summer is going to be BANG-A-RANG!!!!